Monday 30 July 2012

The Tall Ships!

My Tall Ship experience!

It certainly has been an exciting couple of weeks! Tall Ships Nova Scotia 2012 has been quite a whirlwind of activity! It all started on July 19 in Halifax. I was able to take on a new job role as a special ferry carrying festival goers back and forth across the Harbour to each of the fun family areas in Halifax and Alderney Landing. I only wish I could be a bit smaller so I could have gone on all the bouncy castles and rides! Also onboard with me were authors from the Word on the Street program who read a few great stories while I made my way across the harbour.

On Friday morning I was happy to cruise out and greet the impressive Tall Ship, the USCGC Eagle. What a sight that was coming into Halifax harbour! I'm happy I could greet the Captain and Crew as they sailed into my home harbour.

During the nights of the Tall Ships festival, it was time to party! I had a fun fireworks cruise each night which were spectacular! I took this photo as I sailed out with my passengers to see the sights from the water.




 After a weekend of seeing the beautiful Tall Ships and enjoying the spectacular Fireworks every night it was time to lead the Parade of Sails as the majestic vessels made their way out of Halifax harbour. What an incredible experience that was! The weather could not have been better for our weekend of Tall Ships in Halifax and we cannot wait until we see them sail back in again :)


I am now on to visit Pugwash, N.S and Pictou N.S before heading on to Charlottetown, P.E.I. I'll have much more to share about my visit to island, and of course, the birth place of Cows Ice Cream! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment