Tuesday 1 November 2011

Leaving Halifax Harbour

Hello Everyone!  

I was excited to take off for my trip to Ft. Lauderdale. I was up early Saturday morning to take off on my grand adventure. With a beautiful sunrise as I pulled out of the Halifax harbour, I enjoyed a sunny sail down the southwestern shore. Gannets were diving in front of me,  pilot whales were seen off the bow, and even some tuna came close to wish me a safe voyage. I pulled into Shelburne at 9pm to rest up and avoid the inclement weather that was on the way. Once the lines were secure and the crew sat down for dinner, the winds picked up and I couldn't have been happier to make it to a safe harbour like Shelburne.

That night the winds howled as they intensified up the coast of Nova Scotia. The next morning the storm was right over me, bearing its teeth down! I was rafted up to some old fishing boat friends and they kept me secure and safe. A lot of boats were in the Shelburne harbour waiting out the storm, so I was glad to be amongst friends. That night the winds died down as the storm finally passed.

I woke up to sunny skies and light winds, once again excited to get under way. The crew are doing their final preparations, and I will be off again this afternoon. He wishes everyone a happy Halloween. Next stop New Bedford.

No comments:

Post a Comment